6 de maio de 2004

"Spiderman 2" já aquece - 2ª parte


...
Question: Did you have Stan Lee advise you on the character?

Maguire: I've met Stan Lee, and he hasn't give me any personal advice. I think he probably felt like he gave me the bible, giving me the comic book, so I don't need anymore advice from him. It's all there, written down for me.

Like I said, I read the first four years of the comic book. And then just working from the script and with the director, Sam.


Question: Is Spider-Man the favorite movie that you've done?

Maguire: That's hard to say. I've loved doing most of the movies I've done, so it's hard to say it's my favorite. It was definitely a very unique experience. They're all very different. I'd say it's the most fun I've had on a movie.

I loved doing another movie that probably seven or eight people have seen called Ride with the Devil, which was a very different kind of experience. I was in Kansas City, stuck there for six months. We weren't near any trailers or sound stages. We were out in the middle of nowhere basically, and it was sweltering hot, but it was fun. It was roleplayer. It was Civil War and I was getting dressed up and we were riding horses. I really enjoyed that movie and researching that period. But it was different and more intense.

This movie's very dramatic -- as Sam likes to say, we're making our melodrama. But at the same time, it's a lot of fun. And I love working with the people.

And it's cool. Being a young man, when you're a boy, you're out playing cops and robbers and super-heroes. And then you find yourself at work and you go, "I'm getting paid to do this?"


Question: Does it get annoying wearing Spandex all the time?

Maguire: I do prefer jeans and a T-shirt. For a bathroom break, it's a half an hour. And the zipper's break and they have to sew me into the suit and then cut me out of it sometimes.

At first, it was a little strange walking around in a unitard basically. But you get used to it. I'm sitting there in my chair on the set and I'm talking to people like I'm normal.


It's OK. I do prefer jeans and a T-shirt.

Tobey Maguire no WonderCon (02/05/04)


Question: What was one of your favorite scenes?

Maguire: My favorite scene? I don't know. It's so hard. I guess one of the coolest parts of the job when I was first doing on the first movie when I was just getting to be on the wires and doing things that I didn't think I would get to do.

They put me in a harness and hooked me up to wires and said, "OK, now do a double back flip." And the first time I did it, I got a little cut on my hand -- which I still have a scar from -- because I had no idea what I was doing. And they basically didn't really care and said do it anyways. I tried to do a flip and my hands came out, and the wires cut my hand. Not that big of a deal, it didn't really hurt too much.

And I kept practicing doing that and now I'm pretty good at it, which is pretty cool. I can go on the set and I can pull a double back flip. Not that well, but I can do it. I can pull it off. So I like doing that stuff.

In terms of watching the movie, I enjoy in the first movie, one of the funnest parts is when I got to beat Flash up. That was pretty cool.


Question: Can you clear up the rumors about you doing the second film?

Maguire: Basically, coming out of Seabiscuit, and not because of Seabiscuit, I've been experience some discomfort in my back. And this is something that's been on and off for a few years.

And I saw the storyboards and animatics of the stunts I was going to have to do for Spider-Man 2. And I was a little concerned because it was much more complicated and difficult-looking than the first movie.

So I just brought it to their attention, "Hey, I have a little back discomfort and I'm a little nervous about it. I'm not sure about it."

And they, of course, did not want to hurt me and also wanted to make their movie. So I went down and worked with the stunt guys and got on the wires and did some of the stunts, just to feel it out and see how I felt. It was fine. I did two or three days of that down at the soundstages, and after that, it was all good.

Something happened. Somebody got some kind of weird story and the media just started going crazy with it. It was unbelievable.

But it was always all good. I guess there was a chance that if I couldn't do the stunts on those test days or if I didn't feel comfortable with it, I don't know what we would have done from that point. Luckily, we never had to get there.


Question: Did you ever think twice about taking the role of Spider-Man?

Maguire: I did think twice, not in terms of the stigma of it or being identified with Spider-Man. I thought twice because I'm careful with my decisions, not because I was worried about that sort of thing.

I enjoy doing the movies and I think it's fun, but I get to do other movies. This is cool. You can't get this doing Seabiscuit. It just doesn't happen, you know what I mean?


0 comentários: